INTRO or PREMATURE FEARS OF ALZHEIMER'S
"These fragments I have shored against my ruins"
. . . T.S. Eliot . . . "The Wasteland" . . . line 430 . . .
"A Continuous thing, quantity, or substance; a continuous series of elements passing into each other"
. . . The OED ONLINE's definition of 'continuum' . . .
Introducing the latest, greatest, and possibly the most introverted of my online projects thus far -- ladies and gentlemen -- I give you the QUOTE CONTINUUM! (insert dramatic sound effect here).
I see that you have not dropped your coffee due to astonished amazement. But that is the beauty of this project == it is not designed to dazzle or shock you. In fact this project is not designed to entertain you. It exists for two reasons:
1) I have waited a long time to use the word "continuum" to name something. It is rare to see two twin vowels side by side like that, you know.
2) I can't remember shit.
Reason number 2 (in more ways than one) is the short and vulgar way of saying I am now watching so many movies, television shows and plays, and reading so many brilliant stories that I cannot keep the titles straight. I especially worry about letting great lines slip through the cracks of my memory.
Therefore, I have decided to take the best line -- the most impressive quotation -- from everything I see or read this term. I look forward to compiling a virtual archive, one much more organized than my various and hopelessly disorganized pocket-sized notebooks, from which I can draw upon in the future.
Now, let's see if it works!
J.C.
. . . T.S. Eliot . . . "The Wasteland" . . . line 430 . . .
"A Continuous thing, quantity, or substance; a continuous series of elements passing into each other"
. . . The OED ONLINE's definition of 'continuum' . . .
Introducing the latest, greatest, and possibly the most introverted of my online projects thus far -- ladies and gentlemen -- I give you the QUOTE CONTINUUM! (insert dramatic sound effect here).
I see that you have not dropped your coffee due to astonished amazement. But that is the beauty of this project == it is not designed to dazzle or shock you. In fact this project is not designed to entertain you. It exists for two reasons:
1) I have waited a long time to use the word "continuum" to name something. It is rare to see two twin vowels side by side like that, you know.
2) I can't remember shit.
Reason number 2 (in more ways than one) is the short and vulgar way of saying I am now watching so many movies, television shows and plays, and reading so many brilliant stories that I cannot keep the titles straight. I especially worry about letting great lines slip through the cracks of my memory.
Therefore, I have decided to take the best line -- the most impressive quotation -- from everything I see or read this term. I look forward to compiling a virtual archive, one much more organized than my various and hopelessly disorganized pocket-sized notebooks, from which I can draw upon in the future.
Now, let's see if it works!
J.C.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home